Thread: Dana Point 5/27
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
Mr GreenJeans

Dana Point 5/27

Haven’t posted here since I switched to long range some years ago. But long range is kaput these days, so I figured it was time knock the dust off the kayak and fish locally.

Launched from Baby Beach yesterday and headed south towards Capo Beach. Low tide was around 8:00 and fishing was dead until 9 or 9:30. But then somebody threw the switch and the bite picked up. Over the next hour or so caught 7 calicos. Mostly around 10”, but one was 14” and another was 15”. Three on swim baits and four on a trolled Frenzy. With warming water, the bass are coming higher in the water column. All fish released since I still have pelagics in the freezer.

The forecast was for the wind to build so I headed in early and got to the beach around 11:00. It was a little crowded on the beach, but family clusters were spread out to give each other space. Mostly moms and their kids. A pleasant semblance of normalcy.

My bass picture was pretty boring, but I was going to post it anyway. But now I don’t remember how. I thought there was a sticky on how to post a pic, but I couldn’t find it. If someone could reply with a link to the instructions, I would gladly post my boring bass pic. Thanks.
Mr GreenJeans is offline   Reply With Quote