Thread: mb 9/9 :/
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
tehburninator

yeah i went out the previous weekend in search of hali's as well (first time on the yak) and nearly got skunked except for a ice breaker bass at the end

i was getting quick nibbles, but nothing to take the hook, even had some nibbles that moved my rod significantly but still no love.

dont fish with crankbaits or plugs too much in the bay.. i throw the lucky craft at the surf once for a shorty hali, and hooked up on a nice sbb once but thats all the love i got on the lucky craft.. been meaning to take it to coronado for some corvina experimentation.

oh well, i chalked it up as not having the right conditions for the feesh

anyhow, i will be putting together an anchor trolley today, along with attaching a few chain links to the anchor and working on putting a leash on my gear. hopefully getting a chance to get out early early next weekend into san diego bay since i feel more comfortable paddling around now. there have been spots right out of shelter island that i have been dying to drop line into but cant because i have no access. most likely sunday morning. anyone wants to tag along and show a young kid the ropes is more then welcome to! will be looking for hali on the plastics =)
tehburninator is offline   Reply With Quote