View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 11:32 AM   #6
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Get a new battery. When I had my Revo 13, it was common to have to replace both the 12v 10ah for the FF and the 6v 10ah live well, about every 2-2 1/2 years. Flooder lead acid batteries deteriorate and won't hold the charge as well, and next thing you know they don't even last 2 hours. When I worked at a car dealership, it was the same thing cars came in all the time and the battery would take a dump when they were 2-3 years old. Many last longer, but the majority won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
The cold air temps on your last trip surely reduced Battery capacity. The usage you got out of the battery sounds better than what I have experienced. I sometimes use one or two aerators on the live well to back up and supplement the pump. In the morning will use just the aerator until I have close to half a dozen large baits in the well, then I turn on the pump and shut off the aerator until the pump dies later in the day. Eventually got tired of the battery dying and switched to lithium(lighter with greater capacity).
Good info, thanks guys. Going to pick up a new battery before this weekend. Thought this might be the case since I have some experience with LiPo Power Cell batteries for my old RC car that behave somewhat similarly. 2 years with frequent charging/draining will take it's toll. If I gotta swap it out every 2-ish years, it's not the end of the world. I spend more on Fluorocarbon in a month anyway lol
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote