View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 06:07 AM   #7
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
I think the pro fisha probably has a very similar center of gravity, but because the fisha is wider, the righting moment is greater which increases stability for the same center of gravity. 7ft 8" is plenty long, and to be able to keep your gear completely protected from the elements is awesome! Congratulations!
Thank! I cant wait to get her out, hopefully tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Congrats. It look BAD ASS! The price is lower than I expected. It also looks fast.
Thank you! I thought it was pretty reasonable as well considering they're full fiber glass and hand built with a pretty intricate design with dual hulls (the fish hatch inside the main hull is a separate compartment, the live well between my legs is a separate compartment, and the dry storage behind the cockpit is a separate compartment), and even with a carbon fiber wing paddle, a lithium ion battery, and a new 7" ff, I am probably in it for less than 4500 bucks.

However if one were to opt for the same model in carbon fiber, that price will jump by about 2 grand .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
That looks fast and tippy I wish I had the nerve to try something like that, congatulations
Thanks Harry.
These kayaks are surprisingly stable due to the cockpit position and the hull shape. Lots of rocker, and the paddlers butt/hips are actually below the waterline when in the seat.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote