View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #26
Deamon

I appreciate the replies. I jumped into this inshore yak fishing stuff kind of late three years ago (I'm 52). I know I'll only be able to bang it out this way for a couple more years so right now its balls to the wall trying to earn personal bests and fresh photos (check out my BWE photo album!). Someday I'll flip my nose at it saying..."I fished with some of the best dudes and had a great time doing it while I could...NO REGRETS!".

There were a few questions asked...
-Yes, caught a few days ago. 11pm fish...I use 65# braid and 40# flouro. It's almost overkill for WSB but every once in a while there's a larger fish and/or kelp to deal with.
-With squid, I use either a 5/0 or 7/0 wire circle hook (hasn't let me down yet!). As my rod sits in the holder, the drag is unusually loose to allow something powerful...like a seal or dolphin to just go on with their bad self without flipping me over (happened to me earlier this summer). I'm still not used to a loose drag but the circle hook just does its thing.

Brotha Roby...dude, come on.
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote