View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 02:47 AM   #16
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Well it is a little over a month before the Makobob mob desends on Bahia Asuncion and I thought I would give a little update on the fishing conditions. Since I got back from Southern California last month, the fishing has been a bit of a challenge. We had a 10 day stretch of high surf, unpredictable winds and scattered thunderstorms. It was tough to find the right window to get out on the water. When I did get out the yellowtail fishing was tough. The 80 degree water seemed to have pushed the quality yellows into deeper water. There was still some action but mostly in the 5 to 10 pound range. I did have one wahoo hookup and a couple Dorado hooked and lost during this period but mostly disappointing until yesterday. I decider to stay local yesterday because my usual spots in San Roque have been void of life for my last post here sessions. I started with a long drift in 50 to 75 ft of water right in front of my place and had constant action on nice chunky calicos on the megabaits. I then paddled a couple miles to a spot south of Isla Asuncion and found a few yellows. Ended up with 5, all of which were small except one which I harvested, that taped out at around 36 lbs. I also managed a couple whitefish and a surprise juvenile Amberjack. A first for me in this area. I also had a small hen Dorado to the yak but came unbuttoned as I was reaching for the gaff. All in all a pretty nice half day of fishing.

P1000575~3.jpg

P1000552~3.jpg
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote