View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #14
Hammerhead_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Iv'e had all those same problems too, but they are few and far between now. You should check your mirage drive after every trip or every other trip. Look for frayed cables, loose cables, unusual wear, bent masts, cracks on the crank arms, loose set screw for the spline shaft...

You should take care and maintain your mirage drive regularly. If you can't or won't...expect to have more failures in the future.

Get a decent paddle
And...learn how to paddle too...
All respect to Ful-rac...I do indeed clean, inspect and lubricate after each trip.

This started with a little clicking sound...looked for what was causing it and saw a small crack in the black coating on the idler cable. Few minutes later that little crack was a bunch of fraying cable ends and the idler was toast. It went fast. I will carry extra cables for sure...but I gotta say, once the axle walked forward it was game over for an OTW repair no matter what parts I might have had.

To your other point...I didn't really know that this ISN"T a decent paddle. I'd never tried it. Now I have and I'm going shopping for sure. I don't thing this thing will be a joy to paddle no matter what, but with this paddle its a non-starter.
Hammerhead_77 is offline   Reply With Quote