Thread: The IPA maps
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #25
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks guys. You forgot Paul, MJ and the rest of our RSG members. They spent more time on this than any of us "civilians" that got involved.

dsafety hit it right on.

I am frustrated that even after putting up the info people want to know, and the maps and tools to figure things out, people are too lazy to do it themselves. A quick google search or search of these message boards will answer most questions anyone has. This apathy and lack of motivation is a big part of what got us into the mess we are in now. Too few people willing to sacrifice some of their own time to find out what is going on and ensure a better fishing future. Too few only care now that the final map has been proposed and it is awful, when it might be too late to make the big changes they now demand. Too many people waste time on fishing message boards arguing about useless shit and asking questions like "how do I catch a fish?" instead of working in a constructive way on this MLPA issue. Now that the process is entering the endgame, it is maddening to hear people come in late in the game saying they wished they could have helped, but they have a job and no time. We needed your participation 8 months ago. We still need it now, but we can't help but wonder where you have been the last year. The MLPA posts on all the fishing boards has been hard to miss, not to mention the fliers at tackle shops, landings etc.

All of us that got involved in the MLPA process have jobs, families, and other things we would like to spend time on. We all spent vacation time, sick time, and unpaid time off to make a difference. We got involved because the result will directly effect our lives. I would argue that whether McCain or Obama is president will have less of a direct effect on most of our lives than the closure of LJ, PV, or Malibu would. I still can't understand why so many of us, with so much at stake did nothing. I remember the gist of a quote that struck me as relevant to this. "We will remember not only the people out to get us, but the good people that did nothing and let it happen."

It's not too late to make a difference. Stay tuned to the boards for more info. It's not over, but we are closer to the end than the start.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 11-20-2009 at 12:10 PM.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote