View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 05:38 PM   #17
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Great trip with the fellas in the beautiful Sierras. Jim, thanks for your hospitality and holding a campsite for us. You came through for us big time. Even if you have been in the Sierras for years, you gotta experience camping with Salazar. The man has his gear dialed-in.

The weather was awesome when we were at Silver Lake. Overall, the fishing was consistent for me very early in the morning (I got up at 530 every morning to troll). I usually fish mice tails when I'm up in the Sierras and recently started using mini-jigs and having some success. This trip, however, I focused on just using the downrigger and I was happy with the set-up and hook-ups I was getting. Majority of my bites came before the sun came up on a Thomas Buoyant. I also got them on a gold colored Phoebe on leadcore. Most of the fish I caught were small brownies.

* Hey Jim, you forgot the double fried tater-tots.

** On a side note - below is a true story of an event that happened at Silver Lake.

Ericko: Hey Salazar! I was responsible for making cheeseburgers this trip. You want me to grill up a burger for you.

Salazar: Nah! I'm good. On second thought, just hold the meat. I'll take the buns and ALL the fixings that go with the cheeseburger. I'll just make my own sandwich.

Ericko: Ok Salazar (Ericko hands him the two buns and a slice of cheese. Ericko then proceeds to grill all the burgers at low heat on his camp chef).

THE END
roby is offline   Reply With Quote