View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
domtesta27

Kona

I can give you a little info on Kona, have family there so I've been able to get out on the water a few times.

Plenty of Charters around, do a little research, some are very overpriced.....I can give you a couple captain recommendations if you'd like. I had no luck getting ahold of the kayak fishing group that is supposed to be there.

Had great fishing around the buoys for tuna and wahoo, didn't really care for marlin trolling so i skipped that.

If you have a fly rod or light spinning gear there are tons of great spots to hit. My favorite was just inside of the Kona harbor along the rocks, had a blast throwing clousers at small Bluefin Trevally, Trumpet fish, and assorted other reef critters. Saw a couple of huge bone fish cruising but couldn't get them to commit. You can also research and hit up the legendary "fish ponds" in Kona, they are essentially historic sites that the locals built to hold fish for aquaculture, but they are open to the public now with some restrictions and some beasts get trapped in them what I've heard.....

Tight lines and good luck!!!
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote