View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #8
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
If you do slide your rods in, make sure you do it butt end first. That way when you slide the out on the water, you end up with the sturdy end in your hand. I have a new outback and use the h-tracks to launch with my fly rods pinned horizontal by the bungee. In most cases I just launch with my rods in the vertical holders of my livewell or crate and safety bungees on them.
Thanks for the heads up. Due to the geometry of the hatches, the hull, the drive well, and the thickness/stiffness of my rods the would only go tip first trough the front hatch and on the outside of the drive well. I don't think I can get them out of the front hatch despite the vertical orientation. I was planning to shimmy down the yak to the bow and retrieve them reverse of how they went in. With that said, I think I am going to try and store them the way you described with the bungee/H-rail method.

I don't particularly like to have to put the reels on on the water but I may have to work with it that way until I am comfortable with the rods vertical during launch.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote