Thread: NPH?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 09:21 PM   #9
spudleydoright
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Tomas View Post
I like to fish the area under PCH bridge. This does not necessarily seem like a place you wanted to fish but if parking is concern this would be perfect. There is a big gravel parking lot and super easy launch. You can even rent a kayak right across the channel. After you launch you need to pass the bridge (going south) and then you can start fishing as I believe the other side is protected.

I typically use pink or green grubs on a drop shot or 3 inch MC swimbaits. 3-4 inch fluke works fine too.

Driving north on PCH, you will take right turn on Dover right after you pass the bridge and then first right to enter the parking lot.

This spot is called "Lower Castaways Park" and is a good option if you plan to only fish the harbor and not go big. You are not allowed to fish from your kayak north of the bridge but you can fish from land, however I'm told you can't beach your kayak and fish from land.... not sure on that one. Anyway, put in there and fish around the various islands and you might have some success w/ the spotties and maybe a small halibut. When the early wind is up I'll hit this spot for some casual time on the water.

As for lures, I've had recent success in the harbor w/ the red crap colored Hook-up baits. I also use a pumpkin seed Berkley Gulp "swimming mullet" (I think that's what they call it) on a jig head w/ moderate success.
spudleydoright is offline   Reply With Quote