View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 06:12 AM   #9
TJones

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Try frozen squid on a glow iron or on a swimbait head.
Some fresh stuff would be nice. . I don't have a ton of experience fishing in the dark, specifically on the kayak alone in the ocean. I do like the experience of watching the sunset while on the water. It is pretty humbling, and what you described is pretty spot on. The surf that night was flat, but coming in after dark when any kind of moderate surf is present, brings a whole different set of challenges. Especially on a loaded Pro Angler. Getting destroyed at night on a kayak is one thing, but on a Pro Angler is something I have yet to experience. Back to your question specifically, I do know plenty of guys that have caught fish on live bait using a dropper style rig. Chris is probably the go to guy though, and the fore mentioned technique might be the better option. If you are interested in giving it a go in the near future, give me a shout out. I will probably start heading down with a little more frequency in the next couple of weeks. I reside in Los Angeles County, so there is some commute involved, but I got lots of free time on my hands these next couple months. . Be safe.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote