View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #9
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I've gone to San Quintin three twice in the past year, two solo runs and one with family. I've never had an issue but always keep an eye out for anything suspicious....especially when I'm riding solo. I've been pulled out of my truck twice but have ALWAYS remained close enough to my vehicle so that I could see what was going on. I always carry all my cash in my pocket right next to my passport.

I always try to stay one step ahead of the crooks. Unforetunately, you let your guard down for a second and they took advantage of it. Its no different from forgetting to lock your car doors when you go to the store. How many fishing reports have you read about someone in LJ getting something ripped off from their vehicle while they were out fishing? It all goes back to securing your personal effects and staying one step ahead of these dirt bags.
You said it perfectly. Had I stayed right with the guy the entire time this probably would not have happened.

My wife spent the trip taking fault that she put the money in that bag. I told her she is not at fault the guys just knew how to rook us.

Once we talked to the Tourism board today about what happened we were told all of our rights and obligations as far as what they are allowed to search, they really cannot tell everyone to get out of the car, and we were told to always stay with the person who is inspecting the car so that there is someone watching everything they are doing. The puesta De Control is partially funded by the U.S. government to help tourists feel safer, and that's why they are now investigating the issue.

I'm not scared to go back down there, I just know better what I'm going to do while traveling down there from now on.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote