View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Kai, this was my #1 choice. Ross your friends information would be AWESOME. Thanks guy's every piece of information helps. Tight Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
I've spent hours and hours on Google Earth over the years dreaming about that place. I pretty much came to the conclusion that the bay is so big, that trying to hit multiple locations would be difficult, unless I was staying multiple weeks.
I just re-visited the maps and cut this area out I had identified earlier - north of Adolfo Lopez Mateos - nice wide beach access hilighted on the right to camp and launch from, with tons of mangrove channels to the north, and access out to the main channel easily doable for Halibut and WSB. Just for reference, the little dots straight out from the launch are a whole group of Pangas one mile out using the Google ruler - I'm going to guess fishing, since the image date is early October, a little too early for whales.
Lopez Mateos is also a good place to hook up with a mother ship charter, or super panga to head out for Wahoo action.
Wherever the trip ends up, it's going to be awesome I'm sure.
I'm going to try very hard to be on this trip Bob...

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote