Thread: magnets????
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #7
Grego

wait a minute....you're from texas and you can't cast a big mouth bass reel? whodathunk?!

Here's a tip on how I learned to cast when I was a little kid. Tie a 1/4 - 1/2 ounce "something" on, heavier the easier....stick your rod out in front of you and parallel with the ground...then release the cast button and watch the weight drop to the ground...it should move down slowly and smoothly....if it just drops down fast then you need to tighten the cast control so it is slow and steady. Then just practice casting, and like the previous post the line should be wet so if you're not casting into water keep pouring water on the line.

Also, do those reels have the casting pins in them? they are little plastic adjusting pins inside the reel. You can adjust those also...I once had them come out of position unevenly and I was going crazy thinking I forgot how to cast. I think they are called Variable Breaks....adjust those correctly by the manual. ***VERY IMPORTANT***

On those reels you should be able to work your way down to a wooden clothespin. If it doesn't work out, then use spinning reels, no shame!!! they're just bass.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote