Thread: 11/1 am report
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 06:55 AM   #16
vellocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne
Nelz - those fish came up right where we were camped earlier in the day. I lost another after about a 30 second fight when it spit the jig.

I really like that 7x white; is there a surface iron that's a smaller version of that? When the YT are hitting the microchovies I'm wondering if they're looking for something smaller than a 7x and I'd love to help them out with that.
Arne
Those are some BRUISERS that are lurking around right now, i hope they stick around for awhile.. they hit the jigs do darn hard! God i wish i could learn their LJ patterns(where they go at night, the routes they choose to feed at the kelp). i tried yesterday to scan the inside and outside from the pier, into the canyon and around the corner...

i think Salas makes a 6X light version? i thought i remember seeing them at Squidco, but now they don't sell Salas... TadyC that is a smaller shorter surface iron, didn't try mine yet.. but yeah, the 7X has such a big slow wiggle and a smaller light jig would have a tighter swim that might match the small bait they're feeding on better..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote