View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 08:40 PM   #8
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
I have two of the ver. 8, work just fine.

I did do something a little different though, I added extended batteries, runs about 7 hours. I don't like fiddling with them on the water, I'm WAY too clumsy.

Another thing, if you go with making a PVC mount, they do work, just make sure you don't rely on the sticky pads, use something solidly attached to it.

Don't ask...
The ver. 8 is a good camera, I just don't like it because it was the only camera that GoPro made in that form. Ver. 5-7 are identical size as are 9-12 identical of a larger size.

I did the extended battery on my back camera. Instead of PVC, I went with and extendable paint roller pole. I have also used Subtig batteries, but I went with a 20000mah phone power bank. If the weather was cool, It will run nonstop 4k/60, but during the summer months in Sth Florida, it overheats, and shuts off every 2-3 hours provided I do not have a battery in the camera. If I leave a battery in the camera it overheats in about an hour. Once it overheats, It needs 15-20 minutes to cool down before running it again. The overheating is an issue with all the models. They took the GPS out of ver. 12 so that it will stay cooler and runs longer.

One of the better photos from the back camera continually running. I was fighting a king Mackerel hooked on a jig while a Sailfish ate my right side live bait and started jumping towards the kayak -- dam near jumped in.....
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote