View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
My suggestion:Those of who who didn't join for specific reasons but wanted to need to speak up, I heard some pretty cool ideas from other guys.

If a beginner, amateur and pro class are created I'm sure we will get more 'fisher-people' to join. Fisher-people can be separated into classes by the numbers of years they have kayak fishing: 0-1: beginner 2-4: amateur 5+: pro. Its hard to compete with guys that can get out 3-4 times a week, guides or those of you that live 1, 3 or even 5 miles from the nearest ocean and can get away as soon as the bite opens.
good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Actually....that's not right.... its impossible to compete with guys that fish 3-4-5 times a week. And if you can... you should be awarded the so called "Legend Award" it should come with a 6-pack of dos equis....

"I don't fish often...but when I do, I win West Coat Whoppers!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
The species specific idea seems fair because anybody could win in that case. If you don't have a particular species in your backyard, you don't have to enter that contest if you don't think it's fair for you. Get rid of the point system, and just go strictly biggest fish, this would encourage the release of more fish. Everybody likes conservation right??!

A 1st time kayaker could put a sardine down there and catch a 40 pound halibut and win...seems fair...? maybe even monthly payouts or prizes for the biggest fish in its catagory for the month, just to make it interesting.

I also think that a bass division would be popular, especially for the veterans and also for the new guys that are learning to fish off of their yak. A bass division would be great for guys who cant afford to drive down to la jolla, or fish all night, or guys who just don't get the inside info as well.
Jorge nailed it, there is no way I'm getting into a competition with a guy that fishes for a living and is OTW more in a month then me in a year.
with that being said I believe that;

1.Bass division a good idea, (This might draw Mr. green out of semi retirement.)
2. biggest fish by class is good too.
3.a "beginner, amateur and pro class" could work nice but at what point to you move into the next class, how do keep guys from sandbagging to stay at a level they are above, definitely a area for discussion by the organizers.
4. Catch and release sounds like a good idea too.
5. what about a category for biggest mac, or most bait made in a trip. Then maybe I might have a chance!!!
looking forward to see what this years competition will bring.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote