View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
Amish Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
It was good to meet everybody and put faces to names. I fished from 0630 till 1400 and struggled most of that time with figuring out how to fish the grass until the last hour. It seemed like every cast came back with grass until I changed to a different jig head, and that was the ticket. Ended the day with 6 short bass, two of them were 13".
Rich, thanks again for the spinner baits. I did manage to get one fish on one of them.
I'm curious, what head did you start with and what did you finish with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
It was nice to put some faces to the names. Thanks to Rich for blades, very nice of you. Fishing was good caught 6 all short, largest one was about 13". I used Warbait Slayer Swim jig with a 4" Big Hammer Anchovie. I also caught one with Slayer and 4" Calico Hunter .

I also left around 1:30 had a nice lunch and headed home. No traffic at all.

I was humbled by Steve and Ed. I was fishing right next to them and I was being out fished 3:1 for most of the day. I don't know how they do it, but these guys are pro's out there
Wow, thanks. I know Rich did well too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Don't feel bad. 6 fish would be a banner day for me at MB. I can catch 50-60 a day in SD bay but MB eludes me. I have fished MB maybe 10 times and caught maybe 18 fish total which is what Amish Ed caught in one day!
We'll get out there together one of these days. I know MB was the same for me for years and then one day it wasn't. I had a good tournament day and then I liked MB. I do know that confidence plays a huge role in bass fishing.