View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
benichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccacher1 View Post
Curious to know how you like the slayer propel 10 as well? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one this summer.
you know it maneuvers very well. it is extremely stable. i give it 4 out of 5 stars

everything is great the cons are

the plastic they use to make it dents and scratches extremely easy. i have actually email native about this i have been out with it 6 times and is has the scratches and dents all over it. and let me tell you i baby the thing. but i will let you know what native has to say that is one thing im not happy about. it just seams to me that the plastic is to soft... example i have a dent in it from a 3/8 oz big hammer head falling from my hand in the standing position and hitting the yak laying on the sand... so 3 or 4 feet.. that to me should not dent the yak... maybe im wrong but still.

the other thing is the track system sounds awesome right except all the main area track is almost useless you cant put a rod hold on it because your legs need room to pedal. im still trying to work this out but so far i cant figure out a way to us them and still be able to pedal. if your going to fish two rods in bait and wait it would probably work but not for fishing plastics around docks where your moving from dock to dock all day

now after saying that i have a blast every time im in it. and i catch fish like crazy. the propel drive is good i recommend taking it apart before your first time out and putting lube on the gears just to make sure it was done at the factory.

reverse is awesome for fishing in and around docks, boats you name it... or when a fish comes right at you...

it goes with ease you don't need to put a lot of force in it to make her move i fished from 530am til 330pm and still had more in me but the wife wanted to go. lol

i really do like the kayak a lot also i can move it around alone and it fits in the back of my ford ranger with the tail gate down.

if you have any questions just ask away. im heading out to Huntington harbor on Tuesday if your in the area you can come check her out..

would i buy it again yes i would.

i just hope this soft plastic holds up cause it is $2500 give or take... sorry for the long reply
benichi is offline   Reply With Quote