View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #49
Zed
BANNED

Caveat Emptor

This is really turning into the Amnity Island, Jaws syndrome. Those yahoos from TX that caught the huge mako really perpetuated it. The interview I saw was really ridiculous. They made it seem like they were doing a service by killing that shark. "It was a killer, it came up to the boat and tried to chomp/bite/eat everything."

No shit. It was a large, old, wise, pregnant female doing whatever it took to get away. That's millions of years of nature.

You all bought the kayak knowing that when you passed the threshold of MHT (mean high tide) you enter the wilderness, complete with dolphins, seals, sea lions, whales, and even sharks, right? They are not serial killers on the loose where you need to keep the children locked up until they are caught. I appreciate the news of a sighting like I appreciate a bear or mountain lion sighting (I happened to see my first MT Lion and white shark in the same year, '08). It doesn't keep me from riding/hiking where it was sighted, because I know I have been seen already in all the times I have been in the woods or out on the ocean.

Buyer beware.

Z