Thread: Norcal 2009
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

The next day, we decided to go into town for some provisions...

Nut Brown Ale, went well with my Rib Eye steak sandwhich and fries.

Family shot at Chico State, I spent many a day, studying near this campus placard.

On Sunday, we headed out of a Town called Paradise, where my buddy lives. Small mountain town, pine trees, creeks, etc. We decided if once more we can make our way to the high country lakes, which require 4x4 at a certain point.

It was worse than it looked.

Stopped at the first lake, caught many Brook Trout in this lake.

Had to bust out the Sabiki rod.

My buddy trying to figure out how to kayak. We tried to push on to the next set of lakes, but this is the second time we have been denied. My stock 4x4 did not have enough clearance for the boulders, I would have had to crawl over to get through. It was about a 100ft strip of nastiness. Next time.

On the way out, stopped at a creek for some trout fishing... no bites, but nice sites.

I wish I had waders back when I was a poor student, that water is FREAKING COLD!!!

Here is ONE of the camping sites, near the creek we were fishing... free camping.

From this picture, you can see how close the camp spot is to the creek. no 4x4 required.

A sunrise just about Yuba City to begin the next adventure. 10 hours with a 10 month old baby in a Truck...

The end.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote