View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
sharonkayak

East Coast Report

I have been in florida for the last 5 days, just north of Ft Lauderdale.The weather has been anything but nice to us. 15 to 25mph wind, swells 6 to 8 ft. this has been non stop. My dad and I were sick of waiting for a nice day, which I dont think we will have.

So yesterday, we went out on a 50 ft boat 6 pack charter. There were 5 of us dumb enough to go on this trip. Our bow was getting submerged by the swells on the way out. It was crazy watching these huge swells come in and shake our boat. We didnt pass any other boats out there. There was a small craft advisory out. It was anything but calm. I actually got air a few times out of my seat.

Well, my pops fished for about 20 minutes and chummed the rest of the day for us. I am thankful I spend so much time on the water and was feeling fine. fishing was difficult with the swell. It was fast drift fishing. Hard to tell if your bait is hitting the bottom. You are constantly trying to keep your balance against the side. Good practice for those rough days out at lj.

No MLPA's here, you can fish from the beach, bridge, dock , kayak, boat etc.....And they have YT, but there much smaller and not half as much of a fight.

My dorado was fun it kept launching itself out of the water.

You WCW men are stoked I am out here and not in LJ

heres the catch:
Attached Images

sharonkayak is offline   Reply With Quote