View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #9
jbl_91762

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpricenator View Post
I had never been to the Fred Hall Expo, but knew what to expect.....sort of.
Used to do some work at the Action Sports Expo in SD, when I was going to SDSU. I talked my wife into going Sunday afternoon. Being the last day of the show was hoping for some blow out deals, and the show did not disappoint.

200+ stickers, I love me some stickers, and so do my kids. Best to go earlier in the show because a lot of booths were out.
a couple Kicker Jigs
a couple 187 Jigs
Some Ultralight Heavthitters (HookUp Bait Style lures) 5 for $10, really nice colors on them.
A bottle of Ghost Shrimp Butter from NewFishAll.

I was tempted at some rods, but that'll have to wait, as I just grabbed a couple Seekers on Craigslist.

It was really cool to see all the guys I have been emailing, over the last few months. The guys from 187 are right up my alley. Not many people recognize a Ben Davis Shirt, and know the significance.
And Kent from NewFishAll was also very nice to have remembered my little email question from a month back.

I need to start saving my nickels and dimes, because the boat I want is going to be roughly 200k, once delivered.

Anyway, What did you get?

Learned a lot from a few seminars especially from the bass tourney guys but wish I was there on weekend to hear the Sewer guys. picked up Sibiki's, hookup baits finally and line.

How do you compare the hookup baits (expensive) to the ultralite heavyhitter you scoured on? MIssed that one.

I was looking for light action spinning rods but didn't really see much.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote