View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #6
kluts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtfish View Post
With all the WSB slaughter postings lately I thought I would offer a bit a change of pace to help us focus on more summertime related issues like bbqs and warm ocean surface temperatures. For those of you that appreciate a nice warm bed at night and are not so proud of your hunter gatherer heritage that you will drive through three counties with your kayak and three WSB hanging out the back of your truck for all the Laguna Beach and Santa Monica environmentalists to see I suggest an afternoon troll of the waters a bit south of the squid grounds local zoo. Although, Wades video did suck the audio was interesting and the releases are much to be commended. Next time bring some tags for those ghosts. I have only released one WSB under peer pressure form the Darkhoarse so my comments are not a passage of any sick judgment just an observation of recent posts and images of Bellcon's Triplets and his incredible "I want to go kayak fishing" video still dancing in my head.

There are still some Yellowtail out there for those that don't mind paddling a bit further South around the corner. I nailed a nice 31 pounder on a trolled Mac a few days after I returned from New Hampshire earlier this month. Along with my son's WSB which I take just a bit of credit for I hope to complete my own grand slam later this month during the Bill Poole Memorial Tournament set for July 29 -30th. With lines in at 6pm I hope to get some sleep on Friday night to recharge for Saturday fishing till 6pm and maybe even find a kayak Halibut that has eluded me so far.

The High Angler Category for the Tourney will likely go to a kayaker as the tuna continue to be so elusive and triplets won't be counted. Yellowtail, WSB, Halibut and the various tunas are all included in this WSB benefit tournament.

"Anglers may submit one fish per eligible species (see above). The heaviest single fish will determine the winner in Categories A through E (ties will be decided by a coin flip). The heaviest combined weight (one fish from each eligible species) will decide the winner for the High Angler Catagory."

We will be offering beer from Karl Strauss but the bbq is not just a fisherman's affair, hatchery tours with Hubbs scientists, and SeaWorld animals including Arctic Foxes along with a great silent auction with a kayak generously donated by OEX, a SUP, laser skin care basket form La Jolla Cosmetic Laser Clinic, SeaWorld Dolphin Encounter passes, dining certificates from The Fishery, George's, Baypark Fish Co. Brigantine, PL Seafood's, Bistro Pazzo, PB Fish Market, Scuba Diving Lessons to go along all the great fishing tackle Bob Fletcher, Carl Schmidt, and Rockcod Rick have collected as well as a wide variety of fishing trip certificates donated by local and long-range boats. Hope to see a good contingent of BWE members joining our efforts to continue to help our WSB stay so plentiful. http://www.hswri.org/index.php?bShow=82&cat=3

If you are not available for the tournament or even the very family friendly bbq at Hubbs Mission Bay facing patio please feel free to donate to this worthy cause of replenishing the triplets by joining my virtual tournament team, Kurtfish. http://www.bill-poole-tournament.com/registration

Attachment 4594
Fish hangin out the tailgate so enviros can see,parading them around?video to be commended?your not serious are you,seems your missguided rant would be better served if you gave other people grief,like videoing deliberate catch and releases of c bass,half the time they float up dead and are very fragile,and if they are released,theyre very exhausted,now that in my opinion is not taking care of the valuable resource you have down there,get what you want and get off the water,,im just tryin to figure out where you were going whit that outburst,I dont get it?
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote