View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #8
FISH11

Hopefully you already checked all the connection of the cable to the unit for corrosion on damaged pins. Also and usually the first area of problems is the connector to the battery inside the kayak. I always apply di-electric grease on ALL connections and periodically need to still scrape the surface of the connections to the battery do to a layer that develops due to the salt water. I even use a pelican dry box for the battery that has a deck connector to a male end connector at the cable. When those have some slight corrosion the unit while turn on but if bump or after a short time it cut out, then will work again for a short time. It could also be a bad cell in the battery as Chris mentioned. I have had several Lowrance unit and prefer them over Raymarine I had before. All have issues in salt water if not maintained. I always have my Lowrance 7TI mounted and plugged in during launching and landing, but I learned the hard way before not to have the unit turned on during the launch or the landing in case or rolling. I had one the failed due to a minor amount of moisture that got in through the memory card slot and with the power on it was instant toast.