View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
Do you have a link to a thread discussing the grease method? I'm hoping to find some detailed info and instructions.
Also, in the stealth, I'm having trouble finding a spot in the front of the hull that is flat enough to mount the ducer pointing straight down?

Thanks
There is not much to it. I think I wrote some instructions a while back. You might find them if you search for "grease mount".

Basically, you need to create some sort of a "well" to hold the transducer in place. Some folks have reported good luck with using a piece of foam. Spread a thick layer of marine grease over the bottom of your xducer making sure that there are no air bubbles. Gently push the transducer into the well until it seats with the hull. Anchor the xducer with some kind of strap, (velcro, bungie, etc), and you are done.

I don't think that it is very important that you mount on a flat part of the hull. The grease will fill any empty areas. It is probably important that you have the xducer pointed straight down and not to the side, front or back to any large degree.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote