View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #6
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmercury View Post
blacks beach shutdown? can you elaborate?

in any case, all of the rental kayakers are a hazard. they just sit there within and just outside the surf zone in the area that is for launching/landing and not for just sitting there.
The best natural rip in the county is just north of the pier, very close to Blacks. This entire area was closed to non-pelagic fishing including all surf zone species. Yeah, you can tell a ranger or The Man that your using ghost shrimp for Mackeral but you'd be lying. Now, us surf fisherman have to walk down the Gliderport path which puts us right into the middle old nasty naked men who flaunt their packages trying to accomplish God knows what...and no where near the best spot as previously mentioned.

I've launched and landed often at the Shores...I have NEVER had an issue with a rental kayak in the zone. Everyone gets in and comes out. This is no reason to block beach access to anyone. If anything, rip down the Beach Club's ropes and open that beach to everyone. What kind of lame control is that? "This is our beach and you must go around"...tell me why the locals wouldn't also do this same rope thing if they had the chance?

Last edited by Deamon; 09-08-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote