View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #31
Drake

Coming from someone who has fished for 20 years this shit is mind boggling to me. I grew up surf fishing with my dad and my brothers on the east coast. We knew nothing about fishing and never caught a thing, but we did it because it brought us together.

Five years ago, while living in Boston I got my first kayak. It's been two years in San Diego now and the comparisons between the two coasts and the communities are polar opposites. Why is everyone always beating their chests? Who here really has the right to claim LJ as their own?

There are bullies, there are big egos, newbies and the kind of people you would want by your side if something went wrong, all mixed into the big community we are all a part of by choice.

What the hell happened to fishing being a relaxing calm sport?
What happened to people being happy for other people?

It's just fish. Yeah it's delicious, but in the end it's just a sport and we do it to get away from the daily grind.

Is fresh sashimi really worth fighting each other over? If so, you need to step back and have a long hard look at the type of person you are.

Does anyone here really fish recreationally to keep their family fed? Is this is a life line for you? If you skunk in LJ do your kids go hungry? If this is the case, then I truly feel sorry for you.

No one should have any power to remove the enjoyment from this over anybody else.

I'm not going to defend Josh, he's a grown man and can do so own his own just fine. But is a public outlet like the internet really the right setting to start a battle of right and wrong? Then, you can't even use proper spelling and grammar to formulate a proper insult, removing all credibility you could have potentially had. No body was "clowning" any body. Are you really that insecure?

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and remember what is it we do and why we do it.

Last edited by Drake; 06-15-2013 at 06:30 PM.