View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 07:15 AM   #18
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Tomas View Post
Thanks for posting this Chris. I personally just started fishing La Jolla not too long ago and I am still figuring that fishery out. I have not caught YT or WSB yet nor I have seen anyone from all the kayakers that I have met when launching or coming back in so reading this gives me hope, lol. I also enjoy the time on water and that relax it provides but at the same time I need to drive 80 miles to get to LJ so not seeing anyone having success might be little discouraging at times.

I like your one-bite philosophy but at the same time I would welcome more details about what has been working for you and others, and any other details you would like to share.
Has it been more of a fly line sardine bite on the surface or dropping yoyo jigs on any marks?

Thanks
Recently the bite has been on heavy iron and dropper loop mackerel. But that doesn't mean a flylined greenback wont get smashed when they come through! Look deeper... 120-160'.

Don't drop on any marks, drop on the right marks. Check out the Sonar Discussion thread I started to learn more from many of the best anglers on here.

Also keep in mind that experienced guys get off the beach quick and don't always go showing off their catch at the launch. We get real good at hiding them from hungry seagulls, tourists and lurkers

Make that 80 mile drive with confidence my friend, because any day you launch at LJ you could get the fish of a lifetime.

Last edited by chris138; 01-22-2020 at 07:56 AM.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote