View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:08 PM   #1
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Deere John it was green before it was yellow 7 / 6 / 16

It was a 3am launch expecting 1ft sea.....not 2hrs before low tide with the current pulling my canoe bow south so I start to walk my canoe out knowin this might be tough and sure enough all I could do was row my ass off after taking a wave over my bow made it through the surf with heart rate pounding I finally have time to take one hand off one oar and flip the bilge switch and pump out 3ins of water. So I put the juice to the trolling motor and head out to the squid spot and put the green light out no squid so I put on frozen squid on the dropper lupe and on the Danielson float for no bites by then it's getting light so I try for mackerel and start fishing after 3 greenbacks so I circled around the fleet on the inside side I got bit in 70 plus ft on the dropper lupe and bring to Gaff a 44in yellowtail my trolling motor keeps cutting out so I decided to head in I paddled through surf backwards with no problems it died down some i was back on solid ground : ) by 9 : 30 need to work out some problems before I take on surf again. ...tight lines my friends
Attached Images

Last edited by MITCHELL; 07-07-2016 at 12:57 PM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote