View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 07:06 AM   #7
SoCalEDC

There is a rep in NorCal that is already established in the states, and a gentleman who is working to become a rep in so cal. I was able to see the price sheet for the boats and the fiber glass boats start around 2800 bucks and go up to about 5000 for full carbon fiber. Rod from rokkit kit has the ProFisha 475 in carbon fiber, based on the price list I saw (it may be old now), that ski was priced at $4825 (full carbon fiber, before tax and shipping).

They also just released their first rotomolded boat. The fusion 480 (4.8m long), its 26.75" wide (the widest in their line up) and about half the cost of the new glass boats (starts around 1735, plus shipping and tax depending on where you decide to buy it.)

edit: In regards to actually paddling one of these I think its important to recognize that alot of people who fish on a wide platform like an outback, top water, etc. may lack the proper fundamentals of actual paddling and kayaking (hence why those kayaks are so popular). I know that when I ride my outback I can cheat the centerline quite a bit, lean over the side lightly, etc. When I ride the Trident (28" wide) I have to be much more fundamentally sound and be sure to keep my head centerline above the axis of the kayak, keep my rod tip going forward as opposed to sideways, etc. I think the majority of stability for these types of yaks comes from the low center of gravity, and when you lead up and out of the kayak you lose that. Additionally when I am on that kayak I often put my feet over the sides for stability, but when it comes to speed its no match, the long narrow kayaks are just so fast and efficient.
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe

Last edited by SoCalEDC; 10-19-2020 at 07:33 AM.
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote