View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im bent View Post
Dang someone does not have a sense of humor (Aaron)
I was not dragging it up and down the beach. Did you notice I was walking due east up onto the beach. Was I supposed to let it keep flopping on the sand and injure itself? He was out of the water about 20 seconds maybe. As for the price of the hook it does not matter to me, but what does matter was that I did not want to leave the hook in his mouth to rust out, that would suck.
I am sure that he was less stressed than the fish that rincon bob had aboard his kayak. I dont think there was harm done to either fish. So when you explain what u would have done, do it when you catch one yourself. Just sayin!!
My sense of humor is just fine, thank you. I just didn't see any joke. BTW, your name is approprié.

I could care less what direction your compass was pointing when you dragged it out of the water (re-read my post, I never said you dragged it up and down the beach, BTW #4 was meant as humor), and I certainly wasn't there with a stopwatch timing how long that Black was out of the water. I am surprised to see you dwell on this, and start a new post, just to throw a dig in my direction, per your opening sentence.

A rusting hook in a fishes mouth won't kill the fish, in a few short months the hook will be gone. It's not like the fish is going to get tetanus. If you don't care about the price of a hook, care about the fish, and just cut the line, then there's as little stress as you can possibly make it, other than the fight. We've spent over 30 minutes with Blacks we've brought alongside our kayaks, just making sure they'll swim down and survive. BTW, we've probably brought 6 Blacks (including a couple that looked 100+lbs, alongside our kayaks, and revived all of them to watch them swim away in good health, a few had the hooks left in them.

As far as who's fish was more stressed, I could care less, ask the fish (lol, humor, get it?).

Aaron

Last edited by Aaron&Julie; 09-11-2013 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Correction