View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
Salty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr View Post
Fort Bragg was our go to place for Abalone when I was at school up Nth. I wonder if it's been wiped out. Nice photos! A picture is worth a thousand words, Congrats on your first Ling.
I can see why! Saw lots of Abalone shell fragments on the beach there, so if that's any indication of how the population is doing, I'm guessing that's a good sign at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Damn that's a rad trip. Must've been nice to get away from the ratrace of elections and lockdowns. Dude, next time go 600 miles south, you'll be into a whole different kind of paradise. Cheers!
Completely agree! At one point I told my buddy "You know what... I haven't even thought about what's been going on in the political world for the last 4 days. This is great!" And Baja has definitely been on my radar. Used to do surf trips down there since before I can remember. Haven't been back in years though. My dad, brother and some friends had their car stolen there while surfing the cliffs around K56 and left them stranded with nothing but their surfboards and wetsuits. Kinda put a bad taste in everyone's mouth in regards to Baja... Doesn't mean I'll never go back, just extra-cautious about how we do it and where we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJones View Post
Epic post. Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like Paradise.

BTW How do you like the Hobie outback?
Thanks! It was a great trip and I'm always happy to share some of the stoke. Outback was amazing though! No complaints at all really. It's a great boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (a D u B) View Post
Now that's livin

Thanks for sharing
Any time! Wish I could just stay out there all the time, but this annoying thing called "reality" keeps showing up and making me go back to work... lol
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote