View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #37
Matt
Support your local pangas

As a former Malibu Kayak pro staffer, a former OEX pro staffer and a friend of both Mr. Trompas and Mr. Pruitt and a friend to many a kayaker and currently a PB'er all I can say is this, Greg was always extrememly helpful to me while kayaking and always extremely helpful with tips etc... i actually never had a negative incident with the guy. I gave him his space as I knew he was a commercial fisherman and he had always worked his ass off.

I as well as many of you have had pretty negative moments on the water before after spending many a night catching or fishing for wsb and yt, I was not always nice but a lot of the time if I was being a dick it was due to not only poor choices on my part but also sometimes instigated by someone else's poor decisions as well.

I am not condoning anyone's behaviour all I am saying is this, please be considerate of one another out there...if ya give Greg or any other commercial fisherman their space you will often be welcomed or given bait or tips from them. I have had a few moments of just flat out stupidity out there in the 15+ years of fishing both on a kayak and a panga and now on a cc and if it was ever directed at you I sincerely apologize. But let's all admit we are human and make mistakes, remember being nice doesnt hurt anyone not does saying you are sorry if you screwed up. Greg is a friend as is Josh (Josh was even at my wedding) they both are great guys if you get a chance to meet them. Josh hleped me refime my skillset on the yak and Greg helped me a great deal when I bought a boat.

I am sorry some of ya have had negative interactions but show some respect to the commercial guys (there are a lot more than just Greg) and I gurantee it will benefit you. Show respect to get respect. If ya see me out there and are ever in trouble or need any assistance please feel free to hit me up on ch. 68 on the vhf even if its just for a cold beer and a hello!

Take care and tight lines to all and like Owl Chapman once said "guve a wave ya never know who has a cute sister!" And if ya know who's sister I married ya know what I am saying (Tylerdurden of BWE's sister to be exact)

As for the big wsb that Dave caught, I have a few pics of him with big fosh from my kayal days I believe.

I am very happy to call many kayak fisherman friends...guys like taggermile, cj siebler, Andy Iceman, Greg Andrew, Josh Pruitt, Jasmin, dorado50 , Billy V and many more! I hope i get to meet some more of ya and say hello as well!