View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #48
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimm H View Post
Dr. Gary. wow.

Bill Coin, Neil, Art Who, cabo rick, EagleEye, Phreshwon (Mark Rosas), Mike Mann San Diego Jeff,..... How about "Crazy John" in his rowboat?

I met Johnny Ceviche on a news years morning launch with John Pawlak (EagleEye, aka Paddlefetish). John was paddling in after a monstor BSB had towed him 7 miles out on NY eve. Lately he is running marathons, but he still goes out to LJ now and then. He kept track of his WSB catch by the 100's of pounds, not in fish.

I remember that GWS discussion, Avery! it was early Feb 2003 or 04. We saw the fin of a big one the following weekend in 60 ft. off south TP Reef 1. It was pointed right at Tom and me, and sunk out about 150 ft away. never saw the body, just a foot of fin. Tom asked what I thought we should do again, and I told him, "Nothing. I'm screwed if it wants one of us because you're an attorney, so you'll get professional courtesy..."

EagleEye used to post a question, then post a derogatory response under one of his other board names, then sit back and watch the other responses come in.

These guys had thousands of hours on the water, hundreds or thousands of launches. Many started doing this 20 years or more ago. Newer members here don't know them because the board hype changed and most just quit posting. Many of us moved into boats.

Anyway, I recently sold my 19' orange RIB (Pumped Up), and am waiting on a some engine work on a 2001 trophy 2052 WA I just bought, so I will probably launch the kayak sat morning. I'll post a report.
I don't know J. Ceviche personally but from all the videos I've watched I feel like I do. He was a huge inspiration for me.

EagleEye is the one that got me interested in getting a kayak. I knew him from church and he kept saying let's go out sometime. I finally bought a Kayak and have been hooked ever since.

Getting to know all of you guys over the years is what helps make this site so great, and to have others coming in stepping on our toes telling us newbs to be quiet, what and when to post really started making it no fun to come here. Now I'm feeling that fun again. The Mods did a great thing and I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote