View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
Gary , I saw your vehicle the day you got the ticket, barely over the red. That sucked.
Yeah, Jim, which red though?

We are all talking about the same parking spot, but Julie and I parked there about a week or so before Gary got his ticket, and we too had some red on the curb that was just inside the back bumper. The problem is the missing part of the red paint on the outside of the curb. There's some on top, but if the city wants to make money on parking violations, then it should give the taxpayers a fighting decision to make a good choice by seeing a well painted and clearing defining line of where the red zone begins and ends. That's definitely not the case here.

We spent 5 minutes deciding whether to leave our vehicle behind, inching forward as much as possible a couple of times, still the bumper was in some red, just not red that covered both the top and side of the curb. We were clear of the well defined area. Still we hem-hawed about leaving it. If we'd have gotten a ticket, we'd have taken photos on the spot, and we'd be in Gary's shoes with fighting it.

Again good luck Gary, and may patience be with you. The last and only time I fought a speeding ticket in court, I won. We hope and think you deserve to win this one, too. That red zone is way too ambiguous.
Aaron

P.S. Sorry for side-jack on this thread, but rightfully fighting tickets is more important than not being able to fish one location for awhile. If that happens, it sucks, and we'll all have to launch from other spots and fish other locations. At least it's winter-time, but with a little foresight the idiots in charge should have started a project like this just when summer ended before the winter storms were on the way.

Last edited by Aaron&Julie; 11-20-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Add-on
Aaron&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote