View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #10
Deamon

I have a PA 14 and I'm a small dude with nothing arms, lol. I've busted through my share of sketch days.

Here's what I do:
As soon as I get to the beach, I'm keeping an eye on the surf. Are there sets with predictable lulls? Is there, for whatever reason, an area that seems to have smaller breaking waves? Def look at the old launch area, if at LJ Shores. By all means, move to it and try your best to time a lull.

I'm one of those paddle only, leave the peddles strapped inside guys. I also get in the yak at knee deep water, keeping the yak always pointed straight out but remaining in the foam. I'll then go hard hoping to time the lull but once I commit...balls to the wall GO. Remember, the kill zone is not a big area. If the yak is straight and you've got movement, you can take one, two or three right to the chest and make it no prob. KEEP THE YAK POINTED INTO THE WAVES AND PADDLE LIKE YOU MEAN IT! Get out of the zone.
I see a bunch of guys go at waist or chest deep with success so watch others and find your game.

I have a disclaimer...this is for a normal beach like LJ. All bets are off on beach breaks, lol. Hope this helps! Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote