View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
YakAttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Ed View Post
First off, so sorry for your losses, but your safe at least. When replacing your bait casters, get some Cardiffs. $110, and they work great.

As far as flipping goes, get in the habit of doing 2 things...
1) When you're not paddling throw your legs over the sides of the yak. You'd be surprised to find out how much that increases your stability.
2) When you need to get something behind you, sit side-saddle. Brace each side with your hands and then turn your whole body sideways so that both legs hang over the same side. Then reach back. When you do this, make sure you keep your butt and upper torso over the center of the yak.

As has already been said, practice with out any gear on board, except for a bait tank filled with water.

I need to look for it, but I think I have a 6v battery you can have for the bait tank.

Keep at it, practice, and you'll be fine in the Scrambler.
Thanks for the great advices Amish Ed, especially on number 2, I've did a lot of reading and never read about it. Great tip. I'm just curious, for guys with the bait tank in the back, do you guys do this step when getting live bait from the tank? thanks
YakAttak is offline   Reply With Quote