View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
2-Stix

I was recently looking into upgrading some rods and reals. I was 100% sold on the Shimano brand having and loving my Corado 300. I just had to choose a trim level. Trinidad or Torium, and then realized the lever drag is a better option for trolling big baits. So I quickly went to work on locating a Talica or TLD.

I went to 3 shops and being on a kayak 90% of the time, the TLD was less money and easier to beat up and take a beating since its carbon fiber body. I had to clean out the Corado once and it took 3 hours to get all the sand out, lube it, etc...I know the Avets are a lot easier to work on but I was not considering one yet.

So I moved to the Avets because the cost was a little better, USA made, So. Cal local, easy parts to ordering online, but the main reason was they are very very easy to work on, and I can account for that now. I got a sx5.3 mc, mxl 6/4 raptor and jx 6.0 mc. The raptor has 31# at lock down and is dual speed, 21# at strike. I am extrealy happy with it. But, they all are lever drags. Hope this helps Bob.

Last edited by 2-Stix; 05-15-2016 at 09:30 PM.
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote