Thread: YARD SALE!!
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #6
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Saba View Post
Man that's harsh. Perhaps you could try getting out from a harbor next time? Do it at least until you're comfortable being around unpredictable waves and swells. It's pretty hard to flip in a stealth so that wave must of been something and this is coming from a guy who fished in a stealth in 8' swells and strong winds (15kts is strong in stealth lol at least to me). And, it sounds like you don't have a bilge or hand pump? I'd really suggest having either one to bail water out quick. It's an invaluable too especially for the stealth since it's prone to leaky hatches if you own one of the earlier models. Hope you get some fishing in soon!

Thanks for the kind words brotha,, This is actually my 5th Surf Launch, every time from LJ, about 10th or so time on the Kayak... But yeah, mistake #2, not timing it well enough and just jumping the gun...

As to a Pump, yeah I have the hand Pump, stayed nice and clipped to my Bow... Problem was the first time I was fine, second time around, the Yak was underwater so long and I was so out of breath, I could not flip her over in the surf for the life of me.. Took me at least 30-45 seconds... Looking over it and noting the battery wire issue, not even sure if a Auto Bilge pump would have worked? Although people have suggested here in the past that you stuff your area where your battery case is with blanket like material to avoid this issue.. Learning curve, doh!

I fell the issue is my my size though as well no? How large are you? The 14' being so big already, I'm 6'1 245lb on a good day so this does not help whatsoever... Gotta get to the GYM

And as to your Paddle comment, I sure hope so because that was another issue of mine. I have a hand me down, the cheapest paddle that Crack of Dawn offers, just a lug! Being out of shape, i was huffing and puffing trying to gain power by dragging that thing through the water.

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13

Last edited by stevie951; 04-24-2016 at 12:47 PM.
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote