View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 06:42 PM   #9
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglerBob View Post
Read this and your excellent write up with great interest. When I was a kid my dad’s friend had a sailboat and we used to go over there and they’d let me fish from the stern @ mooring. Fishing was almost too easy, although the fish were small - you caught some nicer ones.

Anyway, I’m practically ready to jump on the ferry...but checking the price of lodging there during the summer season it is truly frightening. Then you add in the ferry, the overpriced kayak rental, and it starts looking like a pretty expensive fishing trip. OTOH, we too are on the cusp of an anniversary (20th) and my wife does like kayaking ...hm...

Couple quick questions: did you c&r those tasty fish, bring them back on the ferry, eat them there? Also, did the kayak rental people have any misgivings about letting you fish from their craft?
I just did catch and release. It was our last day and we were leaving that evening. Kayak people were very accommodating at descanso. No issues using their craft for fishing. They just asked me to keep the slime to a minimum if possible 😁 and I agree the cost of a condo there in the summer is a bit much for the average Joe. I lucked out and got our place a week or two before the price almost doubled for the summer. But that's the way it goes just about anywhere these days for a beautiful place like that. I thought the ferry price was a bit high myself at first but having just driven to Santa Maria for the weekend it will end up costing me more for the gas. So I guess a fairy over to the island wasn't too bad compared to everything else these days. I'm just glad I live in SoCal and can be out fishing for calico and rock cod within an hour. Keeps me from wandering off on expensive vacations to often.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thekayaklaunch
https://www.instagram.com/thekayaklaunch
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote