View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Good questions. Tying down/leashing seems to be the same but rod placement prob differentiates. I'm always amazed on the guys launching or coming in during larger waves with their rods up and their fish finders in place, but that's just me. I've had an Outback, Revo and now a PA14. All three have been kind of the same set up (the PA14 has rod sleeves for the tips). I start with PLENTY of leashes...maybe (8) sets

• I bundle up the rods with (2) leashes and secure them to a rail/rod holder, etc...inside, upper edge of my kayak (opposite of rudder control)
  • If the launch or landing looks sketchy, I pull the reels off and place them inside my bait tank. Then leash the rods in same location
  • Bait tank also stores batteries, fish finder and other goodies during launch and land. Extra space filled with dry bags and clothes to minimize banging around if I do take a spill.
  • Larger dead fish are leashed same way as rods on either side...wherever there's space.
  • Light, sturdy stuff goes down below (hand pump, bait net, etc...)
  • Dolly fits on back side of bait tank secured down by a...leash!
  • Paddle is strapped down with the elastic ties (w orange ball). Easy to free up if needed. Velcro would work too.
Here's an older pic that shows some of that...rods and paddle leashed. Paddle on outside of yak, rods on inside. Fish were untied for pic.

Jim
take note. the professor is in. . .
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote