View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #16
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakHanded View Post
Wow that sounds awesome I just looked on Gmaps and think I spotted it access looks tough but doable might have to explore a little next time we're down there. Striped bass elaborate on this.. like a striper?
Yep, the access road is on the south side custom residential community pretty far before L.B. That land back there was the Tiger Woods Golf plan thing (so I was told). Back in the day, we took every dirt road from Rosarito to San Quintin, if we thought it could take us to water. We found awesome spots including this one. But erosion has really damaged this access road. I don't know how a tow truck could get to you if you did get stuck...nothing better than finding boiler rocks in the middle of no where, throwing Tady 45's and catching calicos from shore.
I was catching 1.5-2# surf perch on a kastmaster. Beautiful fat fish. Told my buddy I could spear these, they're so big. I was right in the surf line w the sand and debris when this 15# striper gets abt 3' away from me. But like most other fish, you swing a spear gun around too fast, something about that spooks them. I stayed in that water for a long time hoping for a second chance but no go. Quite a while ago...back when stripers were being caught in O.C.'s surf. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 08-11-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote