View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #15
FISH11

I totally agree with that releasing a yellowtail that is large enough to usually keep, is as much fun if not more fun than gaffing it to take home. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat Yellowtail, but when you still have some in the freezer why harvest every fish you land. At least be selective in what you keep. A year ago, I would have thought that was crazy. I guess that is one more lesson I have learned. There is a lot of pleasure to watch the yellowtail swim away, because you chose to release it. I hope more guys feel confident enough to release some an keep the fishery strong. Really well done Chris, loved the video. I wish I had gotten a sleigh ride like that the last time out with the hammer that took my line 3 different times. I guess I just pulled too hard the first time was a 5 minute fight and he towed me some but the hard pull on my part made him go deep and finally cut the 40lb fluoro. The best sleigh ride I have ever got, was a large Thresher last year and he towed me around in circles and then for almost a mile before using his tail in mid air to cut my 65lb braid. That was awesome. Tight lines, Chris