View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #13
madscientist

Oh well. Scale at the beach is much easier on the anglers. It was very stressful last year trying to figure out how much time to allow for paddling in, packing up with the massive beach crowd, and driving to the park. Tyler saved my ass with his wheels. But I can also see the point about creating a crowd around the scale.

The only other way I could see it being done would be to have a "lines out" time with the requirement that all fish must be radio'd in before that time, then a more relaxed time frame for the actual weigh in. I've been in boater tournaments like that and it's nice because you know exactly when you can fish till without having to account for unknowns like beach crowds or highway traffic. If lines out was noon and the weigh in deadline was 2:00 or 2:30, everyone would have a pretty fair shot at getting their fish to the scale. I think the "lines in" that was done at the WCW kickoff worked pretty well and also helped deal with the morning crowd at the launch. There's enough radios out there that even those without should have no problems finding someone to relay.

Barring that, I'll do what I usually try to do: have the wife on standby with the car in case I need to hit the beach and go.