View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
shawny

Two Harbors Kayak Fishing

Hey all,

My buddies and I have booked a camping trip at Catalina Island's Two Harbors Campground for a weekend in early September. We're planning on renting single kayaks for a day or two so we can go out and fish around the kelp beds around the north harbor (or further out, weather-permitting and MLPA-permitting). We've heard good reviews about Wet Spot Kayak Rentals

Does anybody have any experience fishing around this area, or has anyone heard anything good/bad about it? I hear the two harbors area is overfished, which makes sense. But my buddies and I love to fish and would still be willing to kayak fish even if there's the slightest glimmer of hope. But of course, if any of you feel like fishing isn't even worth it here, we may just leave our fishing gear at home to save space and time...

Any other advice regarding things like safety and preparation would be appreciated too! (i.e. PFD? VHF? Bilge pump? Gaff?) My group of friends have kayaked quite a bit, but never kayak fished..

Any advice that helps us on our trip will come back as Karma to BWE in the form of a nice fishing report when I get back from the trip

-Shawn C.

Last edited by shawny; 08-06-2014 at 09:09 PM.
shawny is offline   Reply With Quote