View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

Northern Exposure/Kenai Peninsula

Never did make it on the yak, looked into renting one, but time was working against me on this trip. Resurrection Bay was made to be yakked.

Soggy week, so I did not pull the camera our nearly enough. We fished for Salmon and trout around Seward. Pinks, Silvers, small Kings and Chums, and rainbows on Spoons spinners, flies and when they were not biting we snagged them. Fished the Russian River por nada. Not alot of sockeye in there and I lost my only one hooked, as it spit the fly after jumping. We did see some black bears, big cubs, pretty close, that was cool. We picked the best day to go for halibut, out of Ninilchik. The day before it was 40 kts and for us it was dead calm and even a little sun. My nephew got a 47 and his dad got a 65. My biggest was a 28. We released alot of 10-15 pounders before we settled on our limit with no time left. I had to make this a very short trip due to work. My dad, brother, brother in law and nephew are still up there. Today they were going to rent a 16 footer with a 20 horse and try for silvers in Resurrection Bay. We ate like kings and fished most of the daylight hours. From 5 AM until 11 PM. Fun trip with family.