View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
zenspearo

Updated information.

Many of you asked me via PMs and emails on how to speak at the telecon.

Since this information is not found on the DFG MLPA site, I called Sacramento's MLPAI number.

Here's the deal.

When you first call in (say SAT meeting on Tuesday May 5th--Toll free phone number: 800.697.5978), you will be asked to say your name, and your name will be associated with the line you are on.

When the time comes for public comment, the operator will announce that those who want to comment need to enter a code (usually *1) and your line/name will be entered into a queue. The operator then calls the speaker based on the queue.

Also, I asked whether we would have one minute or 3 minutes to speak. Answer: We don't know. (Advice: prepare a one minute speech and a 3 minute speech. There is no telling how long you will have but it's going to be either 1 minute or some duration between 1 minute and 3 minutes).

Also, I asked when the materials will be available for review, being the meeting is tomorrow. Answer: Don't know.

Also, I asked what's the mechanism/steps for ceding time. Answer: Don't know (but she did say she will get back to me on that).

This is from the MLPAI itself. So much for their process. You'd figure they would have this information available for the public somewhere by now or have their act together. Nope.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote